Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Coping stratagies from multiple traumas

It is amazing the gift God has given us to deal with coping with multiple traumas. I have traumatic amnesia. If I didn't have traumatic amnesia I would be a mess. I most likely wouldn't be able to function. I try to find goodness in everything I have survived. If I didn't try to find goodness I would feel empty. God has always been there in all of the things I survived. I am for ever grateful for that. I can remember several instances of angels being with me. It got to the point that it seemed natural to be stuck in a box, having adults walk round and round this box telling me to denounce God and having cherubs playing with me. I can remember being able to block out the voices of the abusers while playing with the cherubs.

Here I am this small child. The child you see on my blog page. Sitting on the ground seeing the feet of the abusers walking past the opening in the box. I have come to believe the box was a dog house. I am sitting there afraid and cold. The next thing I know I'm playing with three or four cherubs. Before I know it I can't even hear anything. I'm so engrossed in this play. Can you imagine if I wasn't given this gift? I don't want to imagine it. I have survived hell and back and without God I would be no where.

I have had people question where I got my belief in God from because I was so young when the abuse started. I have been told that there was no way that I could have possibly known it was God who sent these angels. They have told me that I must have had some formal religious foundation. I have explained that I remember attending Church from age five to eight. God wasn't talked about often in my family. The times he was were because we had "Hauntings" going on in my house throughout my childhood. Ruth would tell us to evoke the name of Jesus and that would cast out the demons. I just knew the angels were sent by God. I think a child knows these things instinctively. I don't know for how many years I played with these angels but I will always be grateful. Blessings, Rosie

Interesting article on DID

No comments:

Post a Comment