Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Finding myself enjoying visiting other blogs

I am enjoying going to other blogs and reading them. I have been looking for more blogs that focus on trauma. There are  a log of blogs that have to do with surviving traumas. I am working my way through some of them. I have created a page on blog frog. It is a community site where you can follow and interact with other bloggers. I will be spending time learning how to use blog frog and will create links back to this page. I am hoping to start conversations with people who have survived traumas, people who care for someone who has survived traumas and professionals who work with trauma survivors.

Tomorrow is a month since I started this blog. I haven't missed one day of blogging. I had been out of work because I had surgery and was worried what would happen once I was back at work. All that has happened is that I will end up blogging later in the evening. Right now my time it is after eleven thirty in the evening.

I have been making some changes in my life. Since my surgery I have been going to the gym and have been swimming. I started doing this three weeks ago and have only missed going twice. It feels good to swim and I recently started walking a mile each day before I swim. It is important to for me to remember to pace myself. I had forgotten how much I loved to swim. Due to my traumas I tend to close myself all from others. Especially since I moved so far from family and friends. I have just focused on work to the exclusion of making new friends here. Going to the gym is forcing me to go outside myself and interact with others. I am starting to enjoy it. I am embracing this new chapter in my life. I have put a link to a blog on traumas below. Blessings, Rosie


scientificamerican.com






No comments:

Post a Comment