Monday, February 20, 2012

Sosen-helping the normalization of pedophilia.

 In roaming around the web I came to a web site called Absolute Zero http://absolutezerounited.blogspot.com. One this site they talk about Sosen http://sosen.org/ so I had to check it out. Sosen stands for; Sex Offender Solutions and Education Network. They believe that the sexual offender registry doesn't protect children because people like Sandusky weren't on the registry. This is a quote from their web page:
"The parents of all those children were persuaded to look to the registry to protect their children. But the facts show again and again that the registry is a distraction, not a protection. By focusing on the small number listed on the registry they took their focus off the men in the class room, the men in authority that they were supposed to trust."
They seem to think the sexual offender registry is a bad thing.  I watched some You Tube videos on their advocacy to see what they are about. I can understand that there are rare situations where people have been labeled sexual offenders. I have read and watched stories that were about teenagers who ended up on the national sex offender registry. That is quite different then a child predator. They believe if someone has done their time they should be left alone. How does that protect our children? How does that protect other potential victims?

One of the videos I watched was an interview that Dr. Drew did in December on sexual offenders. He interviewed Lynn Gilmore. After I watched the video I went to Lynn Gilmore's web site http://lynngilmore.blogspot.com/. She was talking about how mad she was at Dr. Drew for interrupting her and being mean when he interviewed her in December, 2011. I agree that Dr. Drew did not have any sympathy that she is currently married to a person who is on the national sex offender registry. Then I read a blog post from January and I about lost it. She calls is The Victimization of Victims.  I got so upset at what I was reading I had to post a comment. I have cut and pasted the comment I posted below. I thought I would share it with my readers. There are a heck of a lot of scary things in this world. I don't think that Sosen understands that they are helping the normalization of pedophilia. I am hoping they stop by and read my blog and that enlightens them to what child sexual predators (aka pedophiles) do. And why we need to protect our children. Felt good to get that off my chest. Rosie


Wow! is all I have to say to you. I am also a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. I in no way invited my abuse. I was between the ages of 3 until 16. Your response is very similar to what pedophiles and their supporters believe. No I'm not calling you a pedophile. I am just saying that pedophiles and their supporters feel that children can consent to sex. Do you believe your 9 year old can consent to sex? I hope not. You are doing a grave injustice to other survivors by making them be held liable in their own abuse. Those who abused me were pedophiles including my own mother. Most sexual abuse is incest and to handle it inside the family system is a sure way to protect the sex offender.

 This way it is dealt with without the person being held accountable for the abuse they inflicted on the child. Incest is also opportunistic pedophilia. Where the pedophile makes the choice to abuse his or her family members. It's one of the ways that pedophilia goes through families for generations. I traced it back in my family 4 generations. The only reason I couldn't go further is no one was alive further back for me to interview.  How can you feel that a person shouldn't be held accountable for harming a child? I am not talking about anything to do with your husband. I am strictly discussing your comment that most child sexual abuse survivors would want the situation handled with in their family. These types of things being handled inside families is why it has taken so long for child sexual abuse and the effects of child sexual abuse to be taken seriously. Please don't be part of a system that pushes back child sexual abuse into the closet. There are a lot of people who would love to see that. There are a lot of children who wouldn't. Rosie

6 comments:

  1. My question is what can we do to stop this? I SCREAMED to everyone when the August summit to legalize pedophilia was going on. Most people seemed very unconcerned. Now the DMV will be making changes to the pedophilia classification in 2013. I want to do somthing, but I don't know what to do. Please point me in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon,

    The best way I know to deal with it is to keep on screaming. I'd be glad to give you a voice here if you would like. When I started my blog I did so because I wrote my life story. Once it was done I started doing research into CSA and ritual abuse. I came to realize that pedophilia was at the heart of "debunking" child sexual abuse and ritual abuse back in the 90's and 2000's. This led me to where I am today. That is why my blog is mostly focused on child sexual abuse and pedophilia. I am trying my hardest to get the word out. I even started another blog the truth about the movement to normalize pedophilia ttatmtnp (dot) blogspot (dot) com. I am taking the reader through the progression of this movement and why we need to pay attention to this. I am looking at Kinsey in particular and his role. I am just astonished that this has been going on for over 65 years and nothing is being done. Mainstream media doesn't touch it. Only Fox news at times and Anderson Cooper. I didn't even know about B4U-ACT last year. When I found out I about lost it. The only people in the media who covered it were those who are conservative. I have a new admiration for them. There is several blogs that discuss B4U-ACT and their movement. Dr. Judith Reisman and The Liberty Counsel are also very much involved in educating on this movement. I have used Dr.Reisman's research on my other blog. She is an amazing woman who single handedly proved that Kinsey used pedophiles as part of his research. She calls him a fraud and a charlton.I am very hopeful that the DSM V will have paraphilias in it. The scary thing is the movement to normalize pedophilia is using the same terminology as the movement to normalize homosexuality. That's what makes it so scary. Both of these movements overlap each other and were started by pedophiles.
    I also have a You Tube page rosieforchange. I do videos on exposing this topic. It is a really big thing to be fighting. Maybe we can organize some type of awareness day. It would take a lot of time and effort but it's possible that The Liberty Counsel and other conservative bloggers would be part of it. Let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping by I really appreciate it. Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your response. I took some action in my small part of the world this morning. I scheduled a fb event for Weds. April 11, 2012 entitled IT IS NOT OK FOR A GROWN MAN TO HAVE SEX WITH MY CHILD! I briefly explained the possible upcoming changes in the DSM. I then asked everyone to post a picture of a child, either their own child or a media image of a child, with the caption "it is not ok." I am hoping to raise awareness at least in my small sphere of influence. Judging from the inbox messages I have recieved, it is working so far. Hopefully, Weds. will further raise awareness. As a social worker, I have worked with victims of abuse since the 80's. It tears my heart out. I am very interested in working and helping in any capacity. So I am in for planning a day of awareness, doing research, writing - whatever I can do to be of use. Please keep me informed and let me know how I can help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are most welcome for the response. I am so glad you took action and you are getting responses. It is good to let people know of the possible upcoming changes in the DSM. I am a social worker as well. No wonder we want to change the world! lol I am putting some serious thought into working on some type of campaign of awareness. I am also thinking of starting a petition on change.org around TOR a software that allows people to remain anonymous on the internet. They do, do good work in letting those from other countries where atrocities occur get the word out. They also are where a lot of pedophiles post images of child sexual abuse media and they won't help law enforcement. Anonymous took 40 sites down in Oct of last year. I'm still processing this though. If you have any ideas please feel free to share. Have a great holiday tomorrow, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosie,
    Perhaps you know better than victims groups such as the Cleveland Rape Crisis Center and the Texas and Iowa Coalitions Against Sexual Abuse. These organization find families are not reporting incest because our criminal justice system for fear of loosing the bread winner to decades of incarceration followed by a lifetime on the registry. These victim advocates are opposed to the sex offender registry and have filed friend of the court briefs on behalf of sex offenders.

    Should familiar sexual abuse go unnoticed? No, but our current system drives reporting down, not up. I would not report a family member to law enforcement because I know the offender will not get help, my family may end up in poverty and I will know years of shame.

    Last, you have not considered the awful plight many mothers face when they find one child has abused another. Does she report that child. I say no. Both your children will suffer. No one will get better and the abuse cycle will continue. Law enforcement and CPC today is not the answer. This is the hard truth Ms. Gilmore was exposing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry my response was to long so I had to do it as a blog post. Rosie

      Delete