Sunday, November 6, 2011

I will be focusing the next couple of days on trauma and; survivor guilt, shame and fear of loosing family support by divulging the "secret"

Both survivor guilt and shame are very big side effects of trauma. Especially multiple traumas; sexual abuse, emotional abuse, spiritual abuse, domestic violence, neglect, etc. My RA has effected me in many ways and shame and survivor guilt have plagued me my entire life. The fear of loosing family support is difficult. Most families with the above traumas don't want the secret to come out.They teach the child that they can't trust themselves. They go to great lengths to protect the secret. This teaches the child that they can't trust their inner voice. This happened to me and I didn't learn to trust my inner voice until I was in my mid 30's. I will also discuss how to find community resources to help a person to be able to receive support around these issues. I'll write again this evening, Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment