Thursday, October 20, 2011

Weekly Question(s)....

I thought I'd start putting out weekly question(s) to ask my readers. I want the reader to feel comfortable to email me or post their question(s) as well. What type of questions do you think are important to ask someone who is on their journey toward a redemptive life? Would questions on how someone learned to forgive be important to you? What about questions on one's ability to forgive?

Below is my question to you all for this week:



Is there someone in your life that you have been able to forgive that you didn't think would ever be possible? Are you willing to share your story with the reader? Are you comfortable to leave a comment? If not, I am comfortable if you email me
your story at memoirofardemptivelife@gmail.com.  I can incorporate your story into one of my posts. Keeping confidentially of course.


I know this is a hard one because when someone has done something to purposely harm you, you might think why should I forgive that person? What does me forgiving have to do with that person? What would I gain from forgiving? Forgiveness is freedom for you and can bring freedom to the person you forgave. I can assure you from my life experience I have been able to grow emotionally, spiritually and mentally because I learned to forgive. To be honest forgiving some people have taken years, others I found easier to forgive and still there are times when I think I can't forgive.

Since I have survived multiple traumas in my life instead of forgiving the person cart blanch I have had to learn to forgive each thing that I have survived. At least each thing I remember that I have survived. For instance growing up was tough my mother was mentally ill and very abusive most of the time. To forgive her I have found it best for me, to forgive each incident. I'll share why, because I have found that while I forgive separate incidents I still find myself having periods where I just can't forgive her, because in reality I haven't. That is not to say that I haven't ever been able to forgive someone cart blanch I have but, this has generally been when I have survived something that occurred once or twice and wasn't full of trauma.

Surviving multiple traumas is hard and many people don't get past them. I want to be a voice in the wilderness that says yes, surviving multiple traumas is hard but, if you are willing to put in hard work to get past them, having a productive life is possible.

Have a great day! Rosie



No comments:

Post a Comment