Monday, November 21, 2011

I had a thought today on adding more resources to this blog.

I have been reading so much lately about child sexual abuse. It occurred to me this morning when I read Grace's comment that I needed to add more resources to this page.  I decided to start adding information on; state licensing boards for mental health practitioners, state complaint boards on how to file a complaint against a mental health practitioner, and state disclosure boards on disciplinary action taken against a mental health practitioner. I will need to research state by state so it may take me a week or so to complete the list.

The intent of this blog is not to just share my story of survival and recovery, but to educate. I started thinking how important it would be for people to have a type of clearinghouse where they can find all sorts of information on mental health issues. My choice is to focus in on multiple trauma's and mental health issues. I focus on occult abuse and the mental health issues this type of abuse causes because this is the biggest trauma I have experienced. People need to know how to gain access to filing complaints if they have had a situation where that is warranted. I want to make this process easier. When you are in the middle of a crisis it is hard to focus in on what steps to take. I want people to feel they have easy access to information. I want to be able to have people check out mental health practitioners to see if they have had any disciplinary actions against them. I am fortunate in that I have never had a problem with the mental health practitioners that helped both me and my children. I am learning that this isn't always the norm. If you know of any other resources that would be helpful please leave a comment or send me an email. Blessings, Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment